A week after the new year and things are off to a fabulous start! It has been awhile since a post has gone up - so stay tuned for back-to-back recipes and such! I have started the 12-week Body Plan by Danielle Peazer (substituting for my own vegan recipes, of course!) and am excited to incorporate some brand-spanking-new healthy, inspiring recipes for you all.
The Tabbouleh Bash!
Tabbouleh is a colorful Middle-Eastern dish loaded with fresh herbs and super foods. Of course, you can create yours with a twist, but here is my break down:
2-3 cups of Quinoa and Millet mix
1/4 cup of Lentils
4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 jar of Organic Artichoke Hearts
2 Tomatoes, diced
1 Cucumber, cubed
1/2 Red Onion, sliced
4 Garlic Cloves, chopped or minced
2 cups of fresh Spinach
1 bunch of fresh Parsley, chopped
1/2 bunch of fresh Dill, chopped
2 stalks of fresh Green Onion/Scallion, chopped
1 juice of Lemon
Mint leaf, chopped - to taste
What to do:
1. Begin by boiling 5 cups of water (or vegetable stock) in a large pot.
2. Once boiling, pour the quinoa, millet, and lentils into the pot and let cook through for appx. 20 minutes on a medium burner, stirring occasionally.
3. After 20 minutes when the grains/lentils begin to soften, add in olive oil, spinach, and a little more water/stock (if needed).
4. Once the spinach is mixed in, pour the lemon juice on top and put all remaining ingredients in the pot.
5. Stir ingredients and allow flavors to come together nicely.
6. Place lid on top and let the tabbouleh sit on a low-simmer for an additional 5 minutes.