I want my Baby Bok, Baby Bok, Baby Bok, Baby Bok..........Soup.
This creamy, vegan soup has become a new favorite, yes, even more than my classic miso -- who am I?!
I absolutely LOVE hearty soups and bisque, and my heart filled with warmth when I just so happened to create this bowl of deliciousness.
Read on for the 6-step recipe:
Servings (appx. 4-6)
1 can of organic, condensed coconut milk
2 servings of soba noodles (2 tied off "packs")
4 cups almond milk
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3-4 cups water
4 baby bok choy
1-2 cups fresh spinach
2 small white onions, sliced
2 scallions (or more, there is always room for more scallions), chopped
1 handful of fresh parsley
1/2 head of garlic, or 7 garlic cloves, chopped/pressed
2 tsp chili flakes
2 tablespoons garlic salt, more to taste
**optional: add cabbage, carrots, mushrooms; I didn't add these, but may experiment next time**
What to do:
1. Boil 3-4 cups of water in a large pot. Add in sliced onions, scallions, fresh garlic, and parsley.
2. Wash the baby boks and remove the 4 outer-most leaves. Throw in the leaves and the entire rest of the baby bok heads (the rest will likely fall apart on its own, but it adds a nice thickness this way). Add in spinach and apple cider vinegar at this time and place the lid on the pot.
3. Let boil for 20 minutes. Keep a close eye on the pot, we don't want the water to completely evaporate, but we want it to boil down with the veggies, giving us a rich veggie-like broth to work with - after 20 minutes, there will be appx. 2 cups left in the pot.
This is not strict.
4.Open up the can of organic (condensed) coconut milk. There will be a lot of separation in the can - that is GOOD, don't stir it! We want to drain the liquid and put only the condensed clumps in our big pot of veggies.
5. Add in the almond milk, soba noodles, chili flakes, and garlic salt.
6. Stir around the clumps with the water, almond milk, and veggies, it will smooth out. Place the lid back on and keep on a medium heat for an additional 7-8 minutes to let the flavors meld together.