Whether it be Football, Soccer, Golf, or any other fun action that peaks your interest for a party, you're going to need a good go-to vegan snack.
Every party that I went to in my childhood had deviled eggs. I was always SO excited for them and probably could've eat about 20-25. In adulthood, I don't feel the same. I miss the deviled flavors, but would NEVER succumb to eating eggs again.
When I stumbled across the recipe in the Thug Kitchen book, I was amazed -- I HAD to give this snack a go! I laid out the spread exactly as they had shown, but I encourage you to take other stabs at it.
Try adding Spanish olives, parsley, or another treat familiar to you.
I played with the ingredients on this a bit from the original recipe, so if you would like to try a bite of this little devil then please keep reading.
Deviled Chickpea Mix:
2 cups cooked chickpeas
6 tablespoons dijon/brown mustard
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
2 small/medium shallots
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar OR lemon juice
1-2 loaves french bread
1-2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
1 bunch green onion, chopped for topping
Paprika for topping
Other toppings, optional
1. Make sure your chickpeas are COOKED;
2. Throw the deviled chickpea mix ingredients into a food processor;
3. Blend until creamy, thick, and consistent;
4. Slice the french bread and top with thinly sliced cucumber on it (optional, but recommend);
5. Smear a spoonful of deviled chickpea mix on top of the bread and cucumber;
6. Sprinkle with lots of paprika and top with chopped green onion.
Game day // party ready. Hope you enjoy your little devils!