Vegan cheese and egg substitute. That's all you need in replacement for this Vegan Eggplant Parm recipe! Check it out.
1-2 small eggplants, sliced
2-4 cups organic flour
2-4 cups bread crumbs (vegan, Italian or plain and add in more spices like paprika, garlic salt, pepper, etc.)
egg substitute for 2 eggs (I used Neat Egg)
1/2 cup oil
2 jars of your favorite red sauce (homemade is encouraged! I will post mine a different day)
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh Parsley to top
As much vegan Parmesan that gets your Mambo rockin'!
*vegan mozzarella slices optional for topping when finished*
1. Separate oil, flour, bread crumbs, and egg substitutes so that they each have their own separate bowl.
2. Heat up a medium-heat skillet with oil for grease.
3. Take eggplant slices one at a time and dip in this order: 1 dip egg substitute, 1 dip flour, 1 light dip oil, 1 dip bread crumbs -- repeat if you want to double it for extra crisp (I did! but you may need more flour and breadcrumbs, add as necessary).
4. After coating the slice, place on skillet and allow it to turn golden brown by flipping on each side. They take a couple of minutes each, so multi-task!
Repeat step 3 and keep filling up that skillet!
5. Whilst the eggplant slices are getting all friend up, preheat your oven to 350 degrees, F.
6. In a large/deep baking tin, lay down a thin layer of red sauce. As the eggplant slices come off of the skillet, layer them on top of each other in the said tin -- do not add any more sauce until an entire later of eggplant is laid down.
7. Upon the fried eggplant stacking, continue with thin layers of red sauce. Once your tin is full and the eggplant is complete, dump in the rest of your sauces!
8. Top your eggplant dish with vegan Parmesan and place in the oven for 5-10 minutes until full heated. If you so desire, you can add in mozzarella too (I didn't) and add extra Parmesan once served!