Welcome to the first DIY!
What better way to start a Monday than with a DIY candle tutorial?! It is SO simple!
What you'll need:
Jars that suit your fancy
Soy wax flakes **
Hemp wicks (or another natural wick -- you can buy on amazon with the metal bottoms attached)
Essential oils of choice ( I used lavender and vanilla for mine)
Super Glue/Hot Glue
** Rule of Thumb: You will need double amount of flakes that fill the jars of your choosing. Measure first, then add in essential oils accordingly-- amounts vary depending on preference!
How to do work the magic:
1.Glue on the metal end of the wick to the inside base of your jar. Let dry and place on a bed of foil paper for easy clean-up later.
2. Place skewers on top of the jar and wrap the excess wick around it (see photo below).
3. In a large pot, dump in all of your soy wax flakes. Place on a low burner. DON'T PUT ON HIGH HEAT, YOU DON'T WANT TO SCOLD THE WAX.
4. Let wax melt down until it completely looks like oil. Add in essential oils and stir.
5. Slowly pour hot oil into the jars.
6. Let cool & cut wick to appropriate length!
Relax and enjoy!
"It is better to light a candle
than to curse the darkness."