What is everyone's favorite side dish at every gathering? You got it. Mashed Potatoes. Nothing beats that thick whip of hot mash on the side of every classic dish. Here is the real zinger though -- you can get that same taste and texture, but included with way more health benefits.
Whether you want to cut down or are just looking for more fiber in your diet, this is a fantastic option.
For convenience, I have listed two simple options for your next recipe adventure:
Classic Chive and Thick as Thieves "Cheese"
My personal favorite, the Classic CHive Mash:
(serves 2-4, small)
1 medium - large head of Cauliflower
3 Garlic Cloves, peeled
1-2 tablespoons Earth Balance Butter (soy-free, if possible)
1-2 tablespoons Almond Milk (more or less, personal preference dependent on desired thickness)
2 teaspoons Onion Powder
1-2 teaspoons Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
2 pinches of fresh Parsley (yay for herb gardens!)
3-4 teaspoons worth of fresh, snipped, Chives (don't forget to leave a few to garnish!)
1. Cut the cauliflower head into florets, steam for 15 minutes WITH the garlic cloves.
2. Drain cauliflower and garlic.
3. Place all of the ingredients into the food processor EXCEPT for the almond milk.
4. Blend until smooth and begin adding almond milk in, to your preference.
5. Once blended to desired thickness, serve and garnish!
As for the Thick as Thieves "Cheese" Mash:
1. Follow the above ingredients and to-do list.
2. Add Nutritional Yeast into the Food Processor for a Cheese-y mix to the recipe. (++ added protein boost!)
3. Add 2 (to 3) tablespoons of Almond milk -- no matter what!
4. Eat up!
Go do the damn thing already! You don't need to wait for a holiday for this recipe :)