As autumnal weather approaches, we all prepare for the best season of the year. Soup Season. First on our list:
"Creamy" Broccoli Bisque
Servings: 4-6 bowls
Supplies: large skillet and pot, food processor, bowls & spoons!
Occasion: Anytime, anywhere.
1 head of Broccoli
1/2 White Onion
2 cups Kale, chopped
3/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
2 cups Almond Milk
2 cups Water
3 tablespoons Corn Starch, to thicken
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil, Dr. Bronner's is our favorite!
2-3 tablespoons Garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Turmeric
2-3 teaspoons Himalayan Sea Salt
2 teaspoons Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Paprika
1. Cut the heads of broccoli into individual florets. Place the florets and garlic in a skillet coated with coconut oil. Medium-high heat on burner for 5-7 minutes.
2. Whilst the broccoli and garlic is being cooked in the skillet, pour 2 cups of water into a large pot on a high-heat burner. Place the rest of the broccoli ends with the carrots, white onion, kale, salt, and pepper into the pot of water. Once lidded, let cook for 5-7 minutes as well.
3. When it's time, place the most of the broccoli florets and garlic into a food processor, leaving a few extra just as garnish to your final soup. Without taking water from the pot, scoop out the rest of the broccoli, carrots, white onion, and kale and add it to the food processor with the garlic and florets. Blend on high until smooth.
4. In the large pot, add in the almond milk, coconut oil, turmeric, and paprika. Keep on medium-high heat until you are ready to transport the blended food processor vegetables.
5. Once the blended vegetables are transported to the pot, stir together all ingredients, adding in the nutritional yeast and corn starch.
6. Let the flavors meld together in the lidded pot for 5-7 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
7. Serve up and add your garnish! Get creative and add seeds or croutons on top as well. This is your soup after all!
MMMMMmmmmmmm, that's good.