October. A time for whimsical decor, spooky stories, and lots of butternut squash recipes. The new favorite this year, Savory Butternut Squash Sauce. Check it out.
Makes 6-8 servings.
4 cups Butternut Squash, chopped
**appx. 1.5 butternut squashes, but recommend buying pre-prepared cubes**
4 tablespoons Vegan Butter, Earth Balance, melted
1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
1/2 White Onion
4 Cloves Garlic
1/4 cup of Nutritional Yeast
8 oz Vegetable Broth
3 teaspoons Himalayan Sea Salt
2 teaspoons Paprika
2 teaspoon Pepper
1. Pre-heat oven 400 degrees-F.
2. Toss together 2 tablespoons of melted butter with the brown sugar, garlic, onion, and butternut squash. Lay out evenly on a pan and place in heated oven for 25-30 minutes.
3. Once baked, place the butternut squash, garlic, and white onion into a food processor. Blend until smooth.
4. Pour blend into a large pot, adding in all other ingredients at this time (including 2 more tablespoons of butter). Cover and let simmer on a medium-heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. During this time, cook up your favorite pasta and veggies! Everything should be done at the same time, ready to go from kitchen to table.
bon appétit !